This 28-foot tall lighthouse was built in 1878 on a rugged headland at the entrance to Akaroa Harbor. It's light shone out for almost a century, until it was replaced by an automatic light in 1977. The old light was then cut into three pieces and maneuvered over steep and narrow Lighthouse Road down to the town of Akaroa, where it was re-assembled on Cemetery Point.
by Piedmont Fossil on Flickr
Copyright © 2014 Black Cat Cruises | Website design and development by E2 DIGITAL